Just a stone’s throw from the ocean and the pristine sands of Perth’s popular northern coastal strip, our beautiful new Hamptons-style display home is now open.
Not only have we packed the aptly named Long Island with plenty of design ideas and all the Hamptons-style detail you’ve come to expect from us, but also we’ve once again delivered a generous, well thought out home perfect for the modern lifestyle.
Big and beautiful, the Long Island is a four-bedroom, two-bathroom design with an activity room, home theatre, wine store, scullery, dressing room and alfresco. The floor plan delivers 308sqm of accommodation on a 15m-wide site.
Here’s why we love the Long Island:
1. Street appeal: From the weatherboard exterior and big front porch, to the coffered ceilings, dark timber floors, deep skirting boards and Shaker-style cabinetry, this new display home could be all the inspiration you need if you’re dreaming of a new Hamptons-style home from $300,000.
2. Detail: Pressed tin to the recessed ceilings in the living and dining area, a tiled feature floor panel in the entry, wainscoting in the master suite, deep skirting boards, glazing bars and Shaker-style cabinetry provide the layers of detail so important to the Hamptons style.
3. Wine store: Glass doors show off an impressive wall of wine, made all the more striking thanks to the clever use of mirrors. It’s a bold feature that can easily be turned into concealed storage or the space can be made part of the overall living space.
4. Scullery: A feature we often associate with grand Hamptons homes, the scullery is well kitted out with open shelves, overhead cupboards, a sink and space for the dishwasher.
5. Family-sized kitchen: The abundance of benchtop and storage, including an extra-long island bench, means the kitchen certainly lives up to the demands of the busy family, while the cup-pull handles, slim subway tiles, stone benchtop and Shaker-style cabinets meet the Hamptons brief.
6. e-zone: Set between the scullery and kitchen is a discreet built-in recess that makes a perfect e-zone for chargers, iPads, phones, school notes and shopping lists. It recognises today’s kitchen, as the focal point of the modern home, has to work harder than ever. It’s often the hub around which family life revolves, not to mention the demands we place on it when we’re entertaining.
7. Easy indoor/outdoor living: French doors open the living and dining room up to the alfresco.
8. Kids’ wing: The three minor bedrooms have been grouped together at the rear of the home, along with a good-sized activity room.
9. Master retreat: Tucked behind the home theatre so that it’s private form the street, the master suite is large and luxurious. The ensuite features a freestanding bath and a large shower, plus a long vanity unit that extends into the dressing room to create a dressing table.
The Long Island provides plenty of ideas if you’re looking for Hamptons-inspired styling, but like all our homes it can easily be adapted to suit many other design styles, or customised to suit your individual needs.
Prices start at $196,800, with the display version priced at $338,510.