If you’re thinking of taking advantage of today’s speedy build times, you’re not alone. Thanks to good trade availability, low interest rates, generous incentives and affordable house and land packages, a growing number of people are seizing the moment and deciding to build.
They’re keen to ride what is being referred to as “the recovery wave”, seeking out low-deposit home loans, locking in low interest rates, taking their pick of the great-value house and land deals, and getting plenty of bang for their buck with the latest promotions and offers.
And we haven’t even mentioned our awesome, feature-packed house designs yet! They’re all tailor-made to suit the modern Australian lifestyle with indoor/outdoor living spaces, thoughtful zoning, heart-of-the-home kitchens and retreat-style master suites.
But where do you start? What happens when? And who will help you along the way?
Here’s a quick run-down of the Plunkett build process:
- Whether or not you already have a block on mind, our design consultants can translate your ideas into a free design sketch, complete with elevation and floor plan, plus a ballpark price so you know where you stand with your budget. It doesn’t matter if you want to use one of our existing designs as your inspiration or you need us to start from scratch. Drop into a display home or contact us to get the ball rolling.
- No need to try to describe your block to us. We’ll take a look at it! Our free site assessment means we can let you know what sort of design would suit the block best and flag any considerations in terms of site related costs and design guidelines. This early assessment is especially useful if you have a block in mind and are keen to make an offer, but want to know what you can build and how much it might cost.
- Once you’re happy with the design and budget, it’s time to meet your New Home Liaison Officer who will be your main point of contact as we get your project underway, the contract documents and working drawings prepared, and the necessary planning approvals and building permits in place.
- Should you need them, our team of finance experts will be standing by to hunt out the right finance for you.
- Our technology experts will also on hand, guiding you through your free technology consultation to help you future-proof your home and investigate features such as home automation, entertainment systems and security.
- Pre-start is when you’ll choose everything from taps and tiles, to roof cover and render colour. You’ll make your selections during a series of meetings with our interior design consultant who will work with you to fine-tune your ideas, or come up with suggestions if you’re not confident where to start.
- With all the details agreed and the paperwork signed off, it’s time to introduce you to your Construction Client Liaison Officer, who will guide you through the construction phase. We’ll also introduce you to your Building Supervisor, who will be overseeing your build.
- Before you know it, we’ll be starting on site. Earthworks will be completed ready for construction to start. The slab will go down first and then, once the slab has had time to cure, the bricks will arrive and the walls will start going up. The windows and doors come next, along with plumbing and electrical services and the roof.
- By the time we reach lock-up, your new home will be really taking shape. It will be fully glazed and locked up to protect all the finishes inside, including the new ceilings and freshly plastered walls. Your kitchen, bathroom and laundry cabinets will be installed, along with taps and sinks. Tiles will be laid, door frames painted and kitchen appliances fitted.
- Before we give you the keys to your new home your Building Supervisor will meet you on site to do a comprehensive final inspection so that any final items can be identified, attended to and then checked again.
- After handover and once you’ve had chance to settle in, our After Care Sales Team will be in touch to guide you through the six-month maintenance period and make sure everything is exactly as it should be in your new home.