Holiday homes come in all shapes and sizes
From cabins and cute cottages, to large, luxurious retreats, the focus is on relaxation and getting away from the hustle and bustle.
From the South West and the Great Southern, to Lancelin, Cervantes and beyond, building a second property can give you the home-from-home you’ve always dreamed of. And your guests too, whether they’re paying holidaymakers, or it’s strictly invitation only.
Get the design and location right and your dream holiday home can be a solid investment as well as a welcome retreat to enjoy with family and friends. After drawing in summer visitors, it offers an easy escape in the chilly months when a change of scene can help beat those winter blues.
Mix and match elevations and floorplans to create the perfect holiday home...
Here’s a quick design checklist if you’re planning to build a holiday home:
- Is it practical and functional?
- Can it work for large groups as well as couples and families?
- Does it promote relaxation and a holiday lifestyle?
- Does it maximise views and space?
- Are there flexible sleeping configurations for adults and children, and groups large and small?
- Can it be styled beautifully with décor that integrates the natural environment?
- Is there lots of natural light?
- Am I working with a builder who knows the challenges of the local climate and location?
- Am I choosing materials that will withstand local weather conditions, especially if I’m building in a coastal location?
- Are there outdoors spaces that can be enjoyed all year round?